locked Re: 60 meters: Operating guidelines for FT8

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Take that up with the ARRL and what it actually means. If the freq is in use, you must desist. If you hear someone in qso on 1500 Hz already, you are not supposed to transmit. In any case, we are not to transmit at all , away from 1500 Hz. The rule is clear as  a bell. It's a dumb rule. But it's clear.

Read the items I quoted from the ARRL, NTIA and what was shared with the FCC about our digital operations on 60 meters. I didn't make it up and the CFR is NO HELP AT ALL, if the FCC and NTIA have issued interpretive guidelines, as well as the ARRL being asked to get Amateurs to comply.

Has the FCC been good with communications about this? No
Has the ARRL been well out in the open so we don't have to read silly stuff in fine print? No.
Has there been any enforcement of the interpretive guidelines or "fine print". No.

What I have been told, is that "It's coming"  (enforcement).

I shared it, do with it what you like, but don't say later, "No one every told us".
They did. They did a lousy job of it. But it's there.

Hasan

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 10:44 AM Jim Cooper <JTalert@...> wrote:
On 20 Feb 2020 at 7:54, Hasan Schiers N0AN wrote:

> 1. Only one station may transmit at a time.

TOTALLY ABSURD !   Technically impossible.

How can I tell if someone I can't hear is
transmitting on that channel ?