locked Re: Computer recommendations

R S

Sometimes a PC is sold with a small hard drive. Or with an older hard drive that is slow. The cheaper HP laptops are generally sold that way. My experience. That alone can cause you problems when there are many software packages installed. You run out of enough hard drive to swap back and forth for your applications.

The first thing I do when I buy a new HP laptop was mentioned earlier. I remove everything relating to the software installed by HP from the get go. HP usually offers a one time system backup to be burned to DVD. Do it. First. It takes quite a few DVDs. Then, if you need help or are able to do it yourself, remove everything possible, especially the antivirus program, if it’s not the windows 10 version. Let windows protect your PC. It is nowhere near the resource hungry types the others are. That PC should run just about everything you need and want.

Ron. KJ4FFG

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 13:51 Ovidiu Suta <yo2cwm@...> wrote:
Try mini PC DELL OPTIPLEX 7050 INTEL CORE I7-6700T/SSD 256GB/16GB DDR4 and Win10.

It work very well and is not expensive

73 de Ovi

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:24 PM chuckc192000 via Groups.Io <chuckc192000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yeah, I run JTDX and cqrlog on a $40 Raspberry Pi with no problems.  I've worked 48 states and 51 countries since September using an indoor mag loop antenna (deed restrictions on outdoor antennas).
--
Chuck, WB4UIH