locked Re: frequencies for 160 - 6m?

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

I will practice my whistle to stay on 1500.

On February 19, 2020 at 10:04 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:

According to the precise definition in the rules the entire 2800 Hz spectrum is NOT AVAILABLE!

Only one frequency is permitted and that is 1500 Hz. No moving around, no spreading out, period. Applies only to USA stations.

That is exactly what I was warned about. The rule is clear and it is equally clear it was not being enforced. It is going to be enforced, that is what I was told.

Take it for what it's worth,  I have no investment either way.

73, N0AN

Hasan

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, 6:39 PM Bruce N7XGR < n7xgr1@...> wrote:
Then what we all need to do is start doing this,
These people communicate by whistling tones that is understood by the receiver.
This seems to be the same as the FT8 tones.  What is the difference between a whistled tone and a FT8 tone?
We can whistle tones anywhere in the 2800 Hz USB transmit bandwidth.
What about other countries?  Will the FCC enforce this to countries outside of the US boarder?

Bruce  N7XGR

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:09 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN < hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
Re: 60m

Be very careful about 60m in the USA. The spread of FT8 activity away from 1500 Hz may well be in violation of FCC rules. I received a warning that enforcement of this rule was going to start shortly with the onset of the new ARRL Monitoring program, wherein violations will be forwarded to the FCcCfor enforcement.

I'd be careful.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, 4:26 PM K8BL BOB LIDDY < k8bl@...> wrote:
As long as we're discussing the Frequency List, I noticed that doing
the Reset does not provide the 60M Frequency for FT8.

I've inserted 5.357 MHz in my List. There is a fair bit of activity there
and many DX Stations to work nightly. It's easy to find a clear spot.

73,    Bob  K8BL