locked Re: frequencies for 160 - 6m?

Bruce N7XGR

Then what we all need to do is start doing this,
These people communicate by whistling tones that is understood by the receiver.
This seems to be the same as the FT8 tones.  What is the difference between a whistled tone and a FT8 tone?
We can whistle tones anywhere in the 2800 Hz USB transmit bandwidth.
What about other countries?  Will the FCC enforce this to countries outside of the US boarder?

Bruce  N7XGR

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 7:09 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
Re: 60m

Be very careful about 60m in the USA. The spread of FT8 activity away from 1500 Hz may well be in violation of FCC rules. I received a warning that enforcement of this rule was going to start shortly with the onset of the new ARRL Monitoring program, wherein violations will be forwarded to the FCcCfor enforcement.

I'd be careful.
73, N0AN

Hasan

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, 4:26 PM K8BL BOB LIDDY <k8bl@...> wrote:
As long as we're discussing the Frequency List, I noticed that doing
the Reset does not provide the 60M Frequency for FT8.

I've inserted 5.357 MHz in my List. There is a fair bit of activity there
and many DX Stations to work nightly. It's easy to find a clear spot.

73,    Bob  K8BL