locked Re: Tx tracking Rx

Thanks Herb,

I've found it annoying when working split that the automatic halt TX doesnt.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

On 18 Feb 2020 19:33, Herb Blue <WB8ASI@...> wrote:
I agree running split is best.  Allows you better keep yourself in the clear.  On a quiet band I sometimes cozy up next to the desired station and let the green and red brackets just touch, so the automatic Halt TX will kick in if the station calls someone else.  73, Herb WB8ASI
On February 18, 2020 at 2:15 PM "Philip Rose via Groups.Io" <pvrose@...> wrote:

I was about to ask whether it was better to stay on a single TX frequency or reply on the calling station's frequency. I had rationalised it in my mind that because FT modes have defined transmit periods, operating split frequency QSOs does not waste frequency. Operating split allows you to be separate from others calling the same station. I have that checked all the time.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

On 18 Feb 2020 17:56, Mike Rhodes <weightdn@...> wrote:

Not sure why you would need to track the Rx freq with the Tx freq Russell. If you do not have the Tx freq held, when you double click on the station you want to call, the Tx will go to that freq. However, the current 'best practice' (so to speak) is to pick what appears to you to be a clear freq and stay on that freq. Granted, your chosen Tx freq may not be clear on the other end but it is the best you can do given that you can't hear from the other Op's end of things. Is there a special reason why you want Rx and Tx to track? Are you using CAT control and have 'Rig' selected in the settings? This will give you the best performance.

Mike / W8DN

On 2/18/2020 12:39 PM, Russell Blair wrote:

Ok well that did fix what I wanted it to, when I move the Rx I would like the Tx to move as well. ?

I'm not operating split mode.

Russell NC5O

Sent from eM Client | www.emclient.com