locked Re: Meinberg NTP at Windows startup

David Piersall

I dragged the "Restart NTP Service" icon from the start menu to my Windows desktop. When I start my laptop for a new session running wsjt-x, I right-click on the icon, select "run as administrator", wait about 10 seconds, and then my time is correct.

Dave Piersall, N6ORB

On Monday, February 10, 2020, 07:54:33 AM PST, Jim Bacher - WB8VSU <wb8vsu@...> wrote:

Meinberg's tweaking of time is dependent on how far your clock is off. If it's fairly close it will slowly drift the computer back to a more accurate time. If it's way off it will brute force it back. My guess is one second off is within its drifting time back method.

And as Kai said there is a lot going on at startup. Let every thing warm up for a few minutes, and it will resolve by itself.

Jim Bacher, WB8VSU
wb8vsu@...
https://trc.guru

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 10:32 AM, Kai-KE4PT