From: WSJTX@groups.io <WSJTX@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kai-KE4PT
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 8:32 AM
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Meinberg NTP at Windows startup

John,
The Windows OS, and your virus protection software, have tons of tasks running in the background, especially at startup, that are steal focus away from time-sensitive operations that Meinberg, Tardis, and other time synchronizers provide. My suggestion is to wait a few minutes after start-up to let those background task finish, then run your time synchronizer.

Cheers,
Kai, KE4PT

On 2/10/2020 10:16, John Morphet wrote:

I am running Meinberg NTP on a Windows 10 machine. It is working well except when I first start the computer in the morning. I have noticed that when I start my computer in the morning the time is usually off by about a second. If I run the restartntp.bat (shown below) from my desktop, the time gets corrected. I have copied the shortcut to the restartntp.bat file to the Windows startup folder. I thought that would adjust my time every time I started the computer, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

John, WØZI

@echo off
REM ********** RESTART NTP SERVICE *************
echo Trying to stop NTP service: