locked Re: Meinberg NTP at Windows startup

Kai-KE4PT

John,
The Windows OS, and your virus protection software, have tons of tasks running in the background, especially at startup, that are steal focus away from time-sensitive operations that Meinberg, Tardis, and other time synchronizers provide. My suggestion is to wait a few minutes after start-up to let those background task finish, then run your time synchronizer.

Cheers,
Kai, KE4PT

On 2/10/2020 10:16, John Morphet wrote:

I am running Meinberg NTP on a Windows 10 machine. It is working well except when I first start the computer in the morning. I have noticed that when I start my computer in the morning the time is usually off by about a second. If I run the restartntp.bat (shown below) from my desktop, the time gets corrected. I have copied the shortcut to the restartntp.bat file to the Windows startup folder. I thought that would adjust my time every time I started the computer, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

John, WØZI

@echo off
REM ********** RESTART NTP SERVICE *************
echo Trying to stop NTP service: