locked Re: Configuration Backup

Seannon Baker (AG0NY)

i'd say that the clone config is not really so much a "Backup" as it is a copy to make it easier to use multiple similar radios, you gt your settings the way you want for th first radio, clone the config, thn you instantly have a config you can use with a couple of tweaks like telling it which port to use for CAT and audio... this is so you can run multiple instances of the software at th same time, you can't run multiple instances for instance with the "Default" config, but you could with Radio 0, Radio 1, or HF, V/UHF...

Seannon AG0NY

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 1:08 PM Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
On 22/01/2020 16:21, Gilbert Baron wrote:
> I know, it probably will not change but perhaps if I knew where the
> current settings were stored I could back up that file manually and
> then restore it so I do not have to go through the process again.
> There a re a LOT of things to configure 😊

Gil,

I don't understand your confusion, the location of the WSJT-X settings
file is specified in the WSJT-X User Guide:

https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.1.2.html#PLATFORM

β€œIt is a simple feat of scientific electrical engineering β€” only expensive β€” blind, faint-hearted, doubting world.”

Nikola Tesla