locked Re: Recovery from "Error in Sound Input" #AudioIssues

Jim Brown

This is bad advice, based on wandering around in the dark. See http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf and
http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf which are based on extensive, peer-reviewed research.

73, Jim K9YC

On 1/22/2020 7:08 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX wrote:
I am using some #31 material doughnuts which are 1.25"D x 0.25" H  with an ID of 0.625".  That 5/8" ID is just large enough for a USB connector to pass through allowing me to make a couple of turns of the cable through the doughnut.
Also, I've used some of the clamp-on types typically used for RG-8. With these I can loop two turns through the ferrite.  As to the material, these are hamfest types, otherwise no clue.    The ones for RG-8X are not large enough to pass two turns.