Locked Re: Lost serial communication with FT847

Istvan Nyul

Hi,

The FT847 is a strange radio. Connecting an FC20 Auto tuner disables the RS232 port without any warning! There is no indication of this on the display, no LED, nothing at all. Yes, there is a short passage in the Manual about it which I did not see at first, but who would have thought that connecting an auto tuner disables the serial port. I know of no other radio that has this 'feature' I guess, Yaesu was running short on comport on their processor or CPLD and could not assign one for the tuner.

Anyway, the 'problem' is solved and thank you all who replied and tried to help. Next time I RTFM...

Steve - VE3USP

----- Original Message -----

Date: 01/15/20 12:36
To: WSJTX@groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Lost serial communication with FT847

Hi,

I use WSJT-x v.2.0.1 on Windows 8.1 Professional. Everything was working fine until yesterday, but now the frequency display shows 0,000 001 in red, the selection shows 160m although the radio is on 40m. Decoding works fine. Clicking 'Tune' does not key the radio and there is no RF output. Please see attached screenshot.

I know that I do not use the latest version, but I did not change anything and so it should work. I am not sure what happened or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve - VE3USP

Join {main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.