locked Re: WSJTx settings for 160m JA split op

Bill, WB6JJJ

Greg,
You should be able to add that frequency to the list of allowed frequencies.

Bill
WB6JJJ

On Jan 16, 2020, at 6:48 AM, Greg Clark <greg@...> wrote:

Trying configure my setup for correct split ops on 160m to work JAs at 1908 and am not having any luck.  Have posted this on the FB group - had some suggestions that do not work for me yet I know it must work - somehow.  So looking for input and/or corrections to the op error here.

Am using 7300 for FT8 here, using CAT and FAKE IT. If I look at what has been suggested to me - here is the result (does not work).

1 - Put Split Operation in WSJTx to NONE

2 - Press SPLIT on radio
3- Move Radio VFO Dial to 1908 for JA rcv - as soon as I do this, I get a RIG CONTROL ERROR (I'm sure due to CAT polling)
4 - I can only say OK/RETRY etc
5 - If I select OK - I have the RADIO CONFIGURATION page displayed - I don't change anything, click OK and the radio goes back to 1840 (both VFOs as the radio is still in SPLIT).

I gotta be doing something wrong if others are successful.....so I'm OK with OP error :) Still scratching my head on what I'm not doing.

Suggestions/pointers/thoughts?

73/Greg
K9IG