locked Re: WSJT-X & Com Ports

Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>

John,

I don't use an external log program with WSJT-X. I let it log internally, then import its .adi file into another log. Mostly, I was doing that at the end of 2018, when I got my KX3. I did a fair bit of FT8 back then, and I didn't use N3FJP then. I mostly imported my contacts into the QRZ logbook. I also don't use WSJT-X along with WinK3Suite, because WSJT-X is enough to control the frequency. I use the WinK3Suite so I don't have to crane my neck around to use the KX3. Running FT8 doesn't require the extra rig control software. The only rig controlling necessary is setting frequency and keying. Even audio is controlled largely by Windows settings, or using the Power slider in WSJT-X. So while I HAVE all of those pieces of software, I generally don't have to use them all *at the same time*. WSJT-X will do just fine logging the contacts internally. Then you can do what you need to do with the .adi file. That's what I did.

N3FJP does integrate well with WinK3Suite, using their com port pass-through capability, the "3rd party software" feature. But there's no need to add WSJT-X into that, so I've never run all three at the same time.

Gwen, NG3P

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 4:21 PM John Ratcliffe <john_ratcliffe@...> wrote:
Hello Gwen,

Do you have any issues integrating WSJT-X with N3FJP and Win4K3? Which radio are you using?

Many Thanks,

John

From: WSJTX@groups.io <WSJTX@groups.io> on behalf of Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...>
Sent: 13 January 2020 18:23
To: WSJTX@groups.io <WSJTX@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] WSJT-X & Com Ports

I've tried N1MM, Swisslog, DXLabs, and HRD. I find that N3FJP is FAR easier to use, and it integrates nicely with Win4K3Suite. I use the general log for everyday use, and the separate, specific contest logs when appropriate. I like that they have separate logs for separate contests, and that they have so MANY such contest logs. I bought the entire bundle -- very economical!

Gwen, NG3P

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:49 AM <john_ratcliffe@...> wrote:
Thanks for the response Andy.

I did look at DXLabs but didn't like it. I'd prefer to stick with N3FJP if possible; it's a really simple logger to use.

73s,

John M7JHA

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time
http://quarktime.net

--

-+-+-+-+-
Jenny Everywhere's Infinite: Quark Time
http://quarktime.net

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.