locked Re: Display the last few QSOs from WSJT-X log

Jacques Pecourt

Great answers from both of you Bill and Zeev.  This resolves my issue. This shows that in the background the activity, once launched, wait for an addition of the latest contact into the wsjt.log (the .txt file)  to update the listing.
Bill, I was not able either to minimize the new window as small as it shows on the original description (FT8+ Operating Guide) but I solved the issue by moving it onto the second monitor I use to permanently display the waterfall. A great convenience to verify that I am not ending transmitting on someone else used frequency. I shrink the height to show just these 3 lines on the top of the screen above the waterfall display below.  Thank you again and 73's.
Jacques  W2/F2YS

On Fri, 10 Jan 2020 at 03:52, Zeev Stadler <zeev.stadler@...> wrote:
Use

get-content ${Env:LocalAppData}\wsjt-x\wsjtx.log -tail 3 -wait | foreach {echo $_.split(",")[4]}

to show only the Callsigns without the need to change directory.

73 de 4X5ZS

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 5:19 AM <n9bt@...> wrote:
I'm on Windows 10 home.  If I open a Powershell, then from my home directory do "cd appdata\local\wsjt-x", and then do "get-content wsjtx.log -tail 3 -wait", I get the data for the last three QSOs.  If I then do another QSO,  the data for new QSO appears below the data for the first three.  The data for the first three remains.  I don't know how to adjust the window to show only the Callsigns, but the qso data is there.
Bill
N9B