locked Re: Query...

blitz716

Thanks Phil, but Im not looking for JT65, got several programs that run that. I was referring to the JT9 stuff. I got a bunch of replies and got the right software now. Thanks all. That was easy once I got the right directions. (grin)

Phil Williams wrote:

If you want to run JT9 - the new experimental mode, you will need WSJTX.
JT9 is not available on WSJT ver 9 or ver 7.  If you are new to the WSJT modes then I would not worry about WSJTX for the moment and concentrate on the JT65A mode that is available on WSTJ 9.

I would say, that if you want to get started with something easy, use WSJT 9 and select the mode JT65A.  There is plenty of activity with the JT65A mode.  Try monitoring the 20 meter sub band for starters - 14076 KHz.  This frequency is busy through out the day with JT65A operators.  For 30 meters JT65A, the frequency is 10138KHz and the best time to monitor would be in the evenings, but the activity on 10138 is less in comparison to 20 meters.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 12:21 AM, blitz716 <blitz716@...> wrote:

Hello all,
Ive got WSJT 9 setup, and it looks much like the V7 I have.

What modes are we talking about here? I hate to sound stupid, but from what Ive been reading on this list, I see everything from "Its like JT65, its been renamed to Iscat", and connotations like JT9 which doesn't appear in the mode list. I notice the additions of modes are this JT4-A thru G
What exact modulation scheme (on WSJT9 are we trying presently, and i'll be happy to listen and try.)
You guys are a light year ahead of me, and its difficult to play catch-up.
A bit of translation would be helpful to me.
1.8 mhz is real is noisy here, Ill prob have to confine myself to 30 meters for now until winter quiets things down, but I will try.
A gameplan too if you dont mind? Something like, What exact freq are we going to try on what band?

thanks, hoping to partipate....Steve KC2UK

--
Phil KA1GMN