locked Re: FT8 configuration problem #FT8

Björn SM7IUN

First, you don't need the sound card with an IC-7610. It's all built in and accessible via the USB connector.
Secondly, do not use an old version of WSJT-X, install the latest.

If you get the "Another instance may be running" message, start the task manager and simply kill the WSJT-X process.

Björn SM7IUN

Den tors 9 jan. 2020 kl 10:14 skrev capteod <mfgguru@...>:

Just for the record I am running WSJT 1.9 with Ham Radio Deluxe and a microHAM II sound card on a Icom 7610.

I am just returning to digital communications and am having serious problems configuring WSJTX in FT8.  My configuration is driving me crazy.  I can have FT8 decode the messages but, the JTALERT will not work.  I get three error messages which I cannot figure out how to handle.  These messages are:

Sound Card error.
     error Opening Headset Microphone (microHAM CO)
     Sound card i/o: failed 48kHz & 8kHz giving up
     See Logfile for more information

Digital Master
     Open COMDevice (COM5):
     Error Access denied

WSJT-X
     Another instance may be running
     Try to remove stale lock file?
      yes     retry     no

Just for the record I am running WSJT 1.9 with Ham Radio Deluxe and a microHAM II sound card.

Any help would be appreciated, I was licensed in the 1970's and was quiet for the last 25 years and now am trying to get back in the Fraternity.  HELP ME PLEASE!!!

WB9WLV