locked Re: 2.1.2 not decoding “high” frequencies

Louis Alexander

This does not happen when I am using WSJT-X 2.1.2, I do not even have to have the waterfall running and I am still decoding signals.  The waterfall is just an operator visual aid and has no effect on the decoding of signals that I can see.  My radio is Yaesu FTdx5000.

On 1/7/2020 5:18 AM, Tom Read wrote:
Solved it!  It was a stupid thing.

i just needed to drag the waterfall window out to its full width.  The radio could hear the signals, but if they weren’t in the waterfall, WSJT ignored them for decoding!

I’m not sure if 2.0 did this - never come across it before anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions - the one to inspect the waterfall was the one to unlock the mystery!

View/Reply Online (#5205): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5205
-=-=-
WSJT-X      Weak Signal Communication  . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT.    References : <a href="https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html" target="_blank">https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html</a>
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io