locked Re: TU; messages in RTTY RU

Matt Henry

Hi Steve,

I found myself sending this message type as well.  This occurred when I was calling CQ and two stations replied.  I had "Call 1st" checked, so the software automatically responded to the first station.  As soon as I received the first station's RR73 I double-clicked on the second station.  That action resulted in the TU;... message  being sent.

73,
Matt
NR3M

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, at 1:42 PM, Steve Kavanagh via Groups.Io wrote:
On rare occasions during the RTTY Roundup I copied running stations on FT4 sending messages beginning with TU; and then continuing with the exchange for the next station. I even found myself sending this once or twice. It was very helpful, and dealt well with the usual difficulty the search-and-pounce station has determining whether or not the QSO was completed successfully.

But I don't know when it happens and I could find no mention in the User Guide.

Can anyone enlighten me? It would be very useful if something like this was sent at the end of every QSO in all the contest modes.

73,
Steve VE3SMA

View/Reply Online (#5183): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5183
-=-=-
WSJT-X      Weak Signal Communication  . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT.    References : <a href="https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html" target="_blank">https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html</a>
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io