locked Re: WSJT Modes in RTTY RU

Sid Frissell

Irwin: Actually you could use either FT4 or FT8 on an of the contest bands!

Sid NZ7M

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2020, at 6:33 AM, Irwin Darack <idarack@...> wrote:

Except for a few minor hitches this weekend in the RTTY RU contest (setting up the wrong grid sq. in the N1MM ini file for WSJT) everything worked out well.

I was a little confused on modes.... On 20 M the mode in the contest was FT4, while on 40 & 80 M it was FT8. I did like the FT4 mode as the TX/RX timing is shorter. Is there a standard that should be followed. Everyone did stay away from the standard FT8 frequencies.

Thanks, Irwin KD3TB
--
Irwin KD3TB

View/Reply Online (#5174): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/5174
-=-=-
WSJT-X Weak Signal Communication . ©2001-2020 by Joe Taylor, K1JT. References : <a href="https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html" target="_blank">https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/refs.html</a>
-=-=-
Group Owner: WSJTX+owner@groups.io