locked Re: First RTTY RU: used FT4

ve3ki

The rule doesn't require you to take two breaks. The basic limit is 24 hours of operating time, and the two-break rule merely specifies what is or isn't counted as operating time. What it means is that if you take more than two 30+-minute breaks between your first and last QSOs, the contest scorers will only count the first two such breaks as off time, and any subsequent breaks before your last QSO will be treated as operating time and counted towards the 24-hour limit. If you didn't operate on Saturday, this is irrelevant - once the clock reached 0000Z on Sunday with no QSOs in your log, it was no longer possible for you to exceed the 24-hour limit no matter what you did from then on.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 12:26 PM, Nc8q-mesh@... wrote:
I found the rules to be extremely obscure and baffling regarding
'Off-time Requirement: Participate 24 of the 30 hours ("Two Break Rule")'

 It seemed to me, at a glance, that I was required to take 'Two Breaks'. :-|
I just wanted to operate for a few hours on Sunday.

I used WSJTX and, thus, a file was saved in 'Amateur Data Interchange Format'.
It seems that the ARRL wants 'Cabrillo' format.

 I used WSJTX on a Raspberry Pi.

Is there an online ADIF to CABRILLO converter?

Is there an ADIF to CABRILLO converter for Raspbian?

I have access to other computers with the Linux OS,
with kernels as old as 4.4.0-148-generic and as current as 4.15.0-58-generic;
in case someone knows of an open-source converter.

73, Chuck