locked Data/Pkt mode doesn't set 9700 into USB-D

Brad, K8ZM

I have WSJT-X somewhat working with the 9700.  Software connection is via OmniRig to Win4IcomSuite which is linked to my logging software.  Decodes just fine but with a setting of Data/Pkt it sets the 9700 into RTTY-R mode, USB does set it into USB mode and I can manually change the 9700 to USB-D but isn't the Hamlib "driver" capable of setting USB-D automatically ??  Do I have something else not set correctly ??  My 7300 and 7610 with Data/Pkt set the rig to USB-D just fine.

Thanks for any input

73 de Brad, N8GLS