locked Re: Mac OS Update Freezes WSJT-X #macOS #stopped_working

Drew

I saw and reported this behavior when I updated to 13.0.0, and there was no
solution or recommendation. I did several complete removals of the software
and auxiliary files and reinstalled both 2.5.4 and the latest RC to no
avail. After updating to Mac OS 13.0.1, a complete removal and reinstall of
2.5.4 resolved the issue.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022 at 9:52 AM Rick Manzer <rmanzer@...> wrote:

Is anyone else seeing this problem on Mac?

Since the Mac OS to 13.x update, WSJT-X locks up when it transmits in FT8.
Until the update, it received and decoded normally. Now, transmitting
usually causes the app's waterfall to stop flowing, the receive signal on
the lower left of the GUI to zero out, and when I quit WSJT-X, it must be
forced to quit in order to restart it. Sometimes stations reply to a call,
but then the app locks up and ends the exchange. Other times, it locks up
during the first transmission. The radio seems to receive normally.

Before the OS update, it all worked fine. It even happens even when Tx
power is reduced to 0 watts, so it’s not RF getting into the Mac. I also
removed and reinstalled WSJT-X. I'm hoping not to have to back out the OS
update.

Mac OS 13.0.1 on iMac 3.1Ghz 6 Core i5
WSJT-X v2.5.4
Radio Flex 6600M with SmartSDR