locked Re: FT8 F/H Not showing Hounds when calling Fox #FT8

Larry Banks

You cannot see the other hounds as they are transmitting at the same time as you are.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

On 12/5/2022 4:02, oz1bxm_lars_petersen wrote:
My WSJT-X is v2.6.0-rc5. In FT8 Hound mode, I listen to the Fox, set my TX frequency, and press "Activate TX". WSJT-X then transmits to the Fox at 00 and 30. But during the RX periodes (15/45), I can't see the other Hounds. They are absent from GUI and the waterfall. That is annoying. How can I find an idle TX frequency, when the other Hounds are not shown during RX?

Is WSJT-X supposed to work like this? Or am I missing something?

73 OZ1BXM Lars