locked Re: FT 450 receives but not being heard, #NewUser

Tim Dawson

. . . . via the VOX capability in the SignalLink . . . (IE, it requires an adequate audio level to key . . . )

On November 23, 2022 6:57:18 PM EST, d_ziolkowski <dan.ziolkowski@...> wrote:
Brian,

No, the vox is the setting in WSJTX.

Signalink sends a hard PTT to the radio.

Dan KC2STA

On Wed, Nov 23, 2022 at 4:31 PM Brian Morrison <bdm@...> wrote:

On Wed, 23 Nov 2022 08:13:29 -0500
"Tim Dawson" <tadawson@...> wrote:

Signalink is an audio interface, so as long as you have a suitable
cable, it should be impossible for it to *NOT* work. Check
Tigertronics to verify your hookup . . .
Apparently the OP's fix was to enable vox on the FT-450, that suggests
that the SignaLink's PTT output was not reaching the radio connector, it
has its own internal vox circuit. There is an internal DIL header into
which you can plug a suitable pre-wired module, in this case the
SLMOD6PM which allows the FT-450 6-pin data connection to feed the
correct signals in and out.

--

Brian G8SEZ

--