From: "Roger" <groups@...>
Sent: Saturday, 8 October, 2022 15:34
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Missing decodes #AudioIssues

On 08/10/2022 03:40, Robert Rose via groups.io wrote:
Just for completeness, I note that I was using using Meinberg on my Mac, and the time differential was 2.1 to 2.3 seconds. I switched to an Apple server in Cupertino (I am in San Diego) and the difference dropped to 0.1 seconds.

I believe the WSJT-X User Guide recommends that you use the closest time server. It takes 0.13 seconds for light to circumnavigate the earth. Add in time for hops and switches, and this sounds like good advice.

73
Bob KN6UXD

I will add that there are some dodgy time servers around and you keep a
close eye on your OT or use time.is for a while.