From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karl Beckman WA8NVW - NNV5BH
Sent: 14 September 2022 16:13
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Please use the JTAlert Messaging feature #QSO_practices

Three posssibilties immediately come to mind:
One good reason is that use of SSB is not authorized on several FT8 and FT4 freqs here in the USA, so you have to blindly arrange a QSY.
A second reason is that not all readers on this WSJT forum use JTAlert as their WSJT add-on accessory overlay.
And third, startlingly, not all FTn users copy CW, nor do the FTn users appreciate folks trying to run CW contacts in the FTn windows.

--
Karl WA8NVW OH
WA8NVW@...