locked Re: Release Candidate WSJT-X 2.6.0-rc4 #general

Walter Miller, AJ6T

Joe, et al

I have done some initial testing on WSJT-X 2.6.0-rc4 and I have found two difficulties:

1. Controlling a ICOM IC-375A works OK as long as the rig is in USB mode.  However, if the rig starts in CW mode and needs to be shifted to USB for WSJT-X audio operation, a Rig Control Error occurs with Hamlib error: 0000.  Mike and I exchanged a lot of email a couple of months ago to add the IC-375A to the list of rigs that WSJT-X can control.

2. Control and operation of a K3s is OK except for the fact that the decoded text in the Band Activity panel eventually all scrolls off the top of the panel, leaving just a blank screen in that area.  The vertical scroll bar on the right side of the Band Activity panel remains at the very bottom of the panel, and although new decodes continue to be generated they are invisible off the top of the screen.  This makes WSJT-X operation impossible.

73, Walt, AJ6T

On 9/7/2022 8:28 AM, Joe wrote:
Dear WSJT-X Users,

We are pleased to announce that Release Candidate WSJT-X 2.6.0-rc4 is ready for download by beta testers. A list of its essential changes from previous releases can be found in the Release Notes:
https://physics.princeton.edu//pulsar/k1jt/Release_Notes.txt