locked Re: Using WSJTX Waaterfall #FT8

Randy, WS4C

On Thu, Aug 25, 2022 at 09:22 PM, Randy, WS4C wrote:

you are transmitting without knowing whether or not it is already in use
I didn't choose my words very carefully; we can never really know whether a frequency is in use before we transmit at all. Hopefully what I meant was clear enough: you're making an extended transmission on a frequency you've made no attempt to determine is clear. Your two TX cycles there may very well wipe out somebody else's QSO that was already underway before you began to transmit.

For some reason I can't seem to get myself signed off. Maybe this time. :-)