locked Re: FT4 Output Audio

Michael Black

Are you perhaps transmitting at the edges of your bandpass in FT4?

Do you have Fake It or Rig Split turned on in the WSJT-X radio settings?  That solves that problem and allows you to actually transmit outside your bandpass by shifting the base frequency.

de Mike W9MDB

On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 10:34:43 AM CDT, kk5aa_fred via Groups.Io <poppafred@...> wrote:

Is there a particular reason that the output audio of FT4 has been suppressed?

My output on FT8 can go as high as 80 watts, if I crank it up. Same on JT65 or JT9. If I switch to JTDX, I get the same output capabilities. But, on FT4, the maximum I can generate is 40 watts unless I change the output on the interface. This tells me that the audio output from the software has been decreased for some reason and I would like to know why.

Fred - KK5AA

View/Reply Online (#3747): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3747
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA