locked Re: Strange Signals on FT-4

Dave Garber

you do know that ft4 is only a 6 second transmission cycle, not 15 seconds.  is that what you are observing?

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 5:19 PM kk5aa_fred via Groups.Io <poppafred=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello all,

I've been tinkering with the newest version and FT-4 and I have noticed something odd.

While signals on JT65 are consistently solid, I am seeing a lot of fragmented signals on FT-4 at the same time and under the same conditions. A station's signal will be nice and strong at onset but after a few seconds, it disappears. It's not just one station, I have seen this multiple times just today. Nice clean start and then fade to oblivion. It seems that conditions at 14.074 are vastly different than 14.080.

Have I set something up wrong?  -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#3647): https://groups.io/g/WSJTX/message/3647
-=-=-
Moderated by Andy K3UK and Roger G4HZA
-=-=-