locked Re: Hamlib 4.5 testing #hamlib

Larry Banks

Does the IC7300 have a serial port?

Larry / W1DYJ

On 8/9/2022 21:05, Tim Dawson wrote:
I don't own one of these, hut I really struggle to come up with a valid reason that using an isolated external interface like a SignaLink and a decent serial interface woild not be a simple, trivial, solution, with no financial beatdown as would be the case buying a new radio.

On August 9, 2022 7:52:24 PM CDT, "Chuck Moore via groups.io"<wd4hxg@...> wrote:
Russ

When I called Icom for help, their tech support recommended using the
Tripp-Lite USB cable with integral ferrite cores molded near each end of
the cable. I found the cables online and ordered a couple. In my case
there was no improvement using them. Best solution I found was to replace
the radio with something other than Icom.

Regards
Chuck WD4HXG