From: Gwen<mailto:gsw2@...>
Sent: Friday, August 5, 2022 15:33
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io<mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] CQ POTA DE AB1CDE #NewUser

" ...

Please go to their web site and learn about about Parks on the Air.

"
That sounds like a put-down / diss.

The OP asked a reasonable question and should not be denegrated for
asking it.

I, too, had wondered about that --- whether the inclusion of "POTA"
meant ( Don't bother me if you aren't also a POTA station ). It is a
reasonable assumption based on other amendment protocols (such as "DX")

Might be better if the protocol specified something like: " CQ W1AW
POTA" instead of " CQ POTA W1AW " ---- the former being far LESS
confusing to Noobs.

Gwen

KI5PXQ

On 8/5/22 09:52, Darl DEEDS wrote:
Please go to their web site and learn about about Parks on the Air.

https://pota.app

NA8W

On 2022-08-05 06:54, Chuck Gelm wrote:
Does 'CQ POTA' mean "I only want stations at a park to reply"?

73, Chuck

Do they need 10 other POTA stations or any 10 stations?