Re: CQ POTA DE AB1CDE #NewUser

Reino Talarmo

Might be better if the protocol specified something like: " CQ W1AW POTA" instead of " CQ POTA W1AW " ---- the former being far LESS confusing to Noobs.
Hi Gwen,

That will be a totally different protocol than what WSJT-X FT8 currently can support! The source coding and message structures set a strong limit. Of course there are some unused messages, but POTA is not so important to all radio amateurs, hi!

If I were a POTA station and want to get others interested in it, I would send something that makes a difference to "normal" CQ message e.g. that misuse of the directed CQ! Of course I could also use a free text message, but with 13 characters it may be less informative.

73, Reino OH3mA