locked Re: Calibrating external amp, CW vs FT8 readings #FT8 #TechnicalHelpQuestion

Bill, WB6JJJ

Hi Hank,
Yes, all modes including the WSJT tune mode indicate 100 Watts on the power meter.
I need to dig into the PW-1 and 7610 manuals to see if there is anything mentioned about this issue. Like Mike said, it may be something to do with ALC - maybe only in the USB-DATA mode used by the WSJT program.
Regards,
Bill
WB6JJJ

On Aug 3, 2022, at 11:24 PM, Hank Pfizenmayer via groups.io <pfizenmayer@...> wrote:

´╗┐How are you measuring the power out of the 7610 -with its internal wattmeter? If you are in WSJTX - the "tune" is a CW carrier at same level as the FT8 signal. See what power is in"tune" ,then use "Enable Tx and set Tx even/first so it goes into FT8 TX and read the output power. It should be essentially the same in both cases . If not , something is not right with a 7610 or WSJT audio level setting -

DO THIS ALL WITH AMP OFF until you get same output from the 7610 on FT8 and CW.

I don't anything about the PW1 or 7610 settings etc.

But Is there ALC connection between the 7610 and the PW1 -maybe the 7610 does something different between "data" whatever they call it and CW.

Hank K7HP