locked Re: ICOM 7300 Rig Control Error #FT8 #Cat_RigControl #Icom #macOS

David Ackrill

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 12:53 AM, Alan G4ZFQ wrote:

I often wonder just how much energy is actually saved, my guess is precious
little:-)
In individual terms, that's true. I think the idea is that, globally, shutting down millions of displays saves quite a lot of energy over time.

Mind you, it's surprising how many things arround the house, when all left on standby, add up to a saving if you switch them off. I've been round the house switching off what I am not using and then switching them back on when I need them. Even down to unplugging the AC/DC power units to my laptop and the shack PC overnight, plus switching off the screens rather than even letting them go to standby as well. About the only thing I now leave on is the Fridge/Freezer, and then I keep a watch on the levels really necessary.

If I could get my neighbours to do this, the RF noise levels might be reduced a bit here as well...