Locked Re: WSJT-X 2.6.0-rc1 #hamlib


I have a similar problem at the IC7300 at our club station with version 2.5.4 even after updating to a new libhamlib-4.dll (there was a post about this topic in this group several weeks ago already). My problem started at the beginning of this year and the situation became worse over time (loosing connection after 1 - 2 hours to a situation loosing the connection after 10 - 15 min). Windows updates are done as early as possible and the IC7300 firmware is the latest version.

I have de-installed and re-installed the ICOM driver a couple of times, but no success, I have tried different USB connectors and cables with the same result, and even the approach using DXLab Suite Commander as radio which worked in the past whenever there was a serial port problem did not work any longer because N1MM and Commander of DXLab also lost the connection to the radio. I have tried Omni-Rig as well, which worked very well when using WSJT-X together with a Kenwood TS2000 (with direct com-port connection that radio lost connection also quite frequently, very annoying).

If there is not a hardware problem with the USB-port of the radio (one of the next topics I want to investigate, but did not had the proper measuring equipment and not enough time so far) I have the impression that there is something in the driver of the IC7300 which is not adapted to the changes happened in W10 since it was published. Therefore I would be very much interested in the experience of other IC7300 users using W10 with all recent updates but also in the results of the analysis of the debug file. As I don't have access to the radio and the pc at the moment and for the next weeks I cannot send any debugging file by myself.


Juergen, DL8LE

Join {main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.