locked Re: WSJT-X 2.6.0-rc1 #hamlib

Michael Black

Upgrade to the latest Hamlib -- and if you still have problems do the debug stuff too.
New hamlib for installation directions
#1 Shut down WSJTX/JTDX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL matching the 32/64-bit version of WSJTX/JTDX -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
If you can do a "Save As" you can save it directly in \WSJT\WSJTX\bin and replace the libhamlib-4.dll that is there.
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll32/libhamlib-4.dll
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll
Linux/Unix/Mac users need to compile the latest tar file from http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/\Note: If compiling on Unix-like systems please uninstall any Hamlib package you have before installing the new build
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk

For Debug:
Please place this file as described belowhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/t52ngcalsgnpm8m/wsjtx_log_config.ini?dl=0
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\WSJT-X The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be in the same location For Linux put it in   ~/.config The WSJT-X_Rigcontrol.log file will be here: ~/.local/share/WSJT-X Restart WSJT-X and duplicate the problem.Shut down WSJT-X
Then send me the WSJT-X_RigControl.log fileMike W9MDB

On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 06:10:36 PM CDT, Bengt SM6MUY via groups.io <muy@...> wrote:

Normally it works fine. But if I start to "play" with the radio, IC-7300
WSJT-X "complains after a while (loosing the connection). It's not any
new thing. Always been like that. But before it was just to press
"retry" and then the connection between WSJT-X and the radio was
established again. That don't work anymore.

I'm using a USB connection but I have not changed any (Windows) driver.
Everything is like before I did the upgrade to 2.6.0. Something happened
when I did the upgrade. Ok I will try to re-install the USB driver again.

73/Bengt

On 2022-07-16 14:40, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
If only a restart fixes it then it sounds like something with the serial port driver.
I assume you have a USB serial adapter?  What rig is this?
Uninstall the serial port in the Device Manager (I'm also assuming you are on Window).
Then reboot and let it reinstall.  It might change COM port numbers on you.
Also...how often is "time to time" ?
Another thing to check in Device Manager is to turn off Power Management on all USB devices that have that option.
Mike W9MDB

      On Saturday, July 16, 2022 at 04:25:22 AM CDT, Bengt SM6MUY via groups.io <muy@...> wrote:

  Hi

Upgraded and I have CAT issue now from time to time. Hamlib error and it
doesn't help to do "retry" which worked before. The frequency setting is
0.000. The only fix is to restart the PC. Very annoying.

Tried to go back to 2.5.4 but it didn't help.Even did a unistall and a
new install. Aree there any "hidden" files somewhere which should be
removed ?

73/Bengt, SM6MUY

Rig failure
Hamlib error: rig_set_conf_called