locked Re: User and admin accounts #Windows10

neil_zampella <neilz@...>

FWIW ... having the separate admin account is OK, but really not
necessary as I use the Admin account under Win 10 (renamed to my name).

However, if you have multiple users, I would have a separate Admin account.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 7/13/2022 6:07 AM, David Gould wrote:
I am moving from an old W7 computer with just a single account with admin privileges to a new W10 computer where I understand it is better to have an admin account and a separate user account.

I have a list of the user files I need to copy across to the new computer, Can someone please confirm that I should install WSJT-X with the admin account and then change to the User account and then copy the needed files to the user/appdata/local/WSJT in the user account?

73,
Dave G3UEG