locked Re: 60m on Ftdx10 ? #band #Yaesu

Michael Black

Gary K3OS posted this:
WSJT-X wants to control the radio.  Normally with CAT control enabled and the radio selected, it shifts the radio into data mode.  That works fine on all frequencies but 60 meters.  Even if you manually select the 60 meter from memory, which puts it in USB, the CAT control will switch it to Data-U mode.  No transmit, just blinking TX light.
The solution is this:  In WSJT-S under the Radio tab, select NONE for the Radio.  Set PTT for RTS.  Pick the COM port that identifies as a "Standard" port, not the Enhanced.
From https://groups.io/g/ftdx-10/topic/82453778?20,0,0,0::,,,0,0,0,82453778
Mike W9MDB

On Sunday, July 3, 2022 at 07:28:28 AM CDT, bruiser419 via groups.io <bruiser419@...> wrote:

I have tried a few times and can't figure out how to get my Ftdx10 to work on FT8 since the FTdx10 has special memory slots for 60m that don't seem to play nice with the program.

It;s not a huge deal as I almost never use 60m, but it would be nice to know how to just in case.

Thanks for your help.

73, Bruce KE8QFP