From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of WB5JJJ - George
Sent: Saturday, July 2, 2022 2:29 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] What's with the "R" ? #TechnicalHelpQuestion

GM Bill.
Many folks on 6m are grid chasers. All they are looking for is the grid, so they use the NA VHF contest mode (CM), which does cause some confusion on .313. Many times, very popular (needed for FFMA) grid activations move to other 6m frequencies to avoid this when the band is crowded. A signal report is assumed to be 59 or 599 as is given automatically most of the time, except for CW, to speed contacts. This can double the contact counts for those rovers and folks needing that "rare grid" during the same time frame. A win-win for them, but some confusion for others.

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ

For more info visit www.bullguard.com