locked Re: Log path #general

Tim Dawson

Myself, I build from source by default, so it's not a big deal . . .

(WSJT does, however, have one of the most convoluted, confusing, and annoying build environments I have encountered in quite some time, but I have figured out how to build *just* WSJTX without it trying to downgrade other components which are shared by other software . . .)

- Tim

On July 1, 2022 11:26:10 AM CDT, Mark K2EXE <k2exe@...> wrote:
Symbolic links in Linux could avoid recompiling for sure, backup the files in the current folder move them to another location where you prefer /home/k2exe/logs for example.  Then run:  ln -s /home/k2exe/.local/share/WSJT-X /home/k2exe/logs
Replace my call with your username and voila.

On Jul 1, 2022 10:16, Tim Dawson <tadawson@...> wrote:

Likely, building from source may well be required to accomplish this.

- Tim

On July 1, 2022 5:40:57 AM CDT, HB9DDS <hb9dds@...> wrote:
Hi Folks

Can I define the path for the log myself in WSJT-X version 2.5.4?
Unfortunately I have not found anything corresponding to this.....

--
73 de Daniel, HB9DDS