From: Jerry <deawarej96@...>
To: main@wsjtx.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Jun 23, 2022 10:59 pm
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] FIELD DAY FT4 & FT8 FREQUENCIES #frequency

They perhaps haven’t specified them for Field Day as technically FD is not a contest. It’s an emergency preparedness exercise.

Jerry
KB2GCG
On Jun 23, 2022, at 4:59 PM, K4NDN <e.evans1369@...> wrote:

Good information. Is there a way to verify this?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:55 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

ARRL have recommended the same "contest" sub-bands for all digital
contests.  That they haven't specified them for Field Day looks like
an oversight since FD is run by the Communications Department rather
than Member Services (Contest and Awards Desks) who normally handle
contests.

Here are the subands from the ARRL International Digital Contest:

FT4 and FT8 recommended subbands (as of June 2022)-

FT-4 Recommended Sub-bands

(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):

1.836-1.840 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.580-3.590
7.080-7.090
14.080-14.090
21.080-21.090
28.080-28.090
50.330 to 50.340

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband, typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7.080, 7.082, 7.084, 7.086 and
7.088) >

FT-8 Recommended Sub-bands

(Technician licensees are limited (per FCC Rules) to using only the
10 and 6 meter subbands {see below in bold}):

1.840-1.844 (users are encouraged to avoiding WSPR operations on 1.840)
3.590-3.600 (No Digital above 3600)
7.090-7.100
14.090-14.100
21.090-21.100
28.090-28.100
50.340 to 50.350

When choosing your operating frequency, set the radio dial at the
bottom of the sub-band and QSO with stations on audio frequencies
within the radio passband typically 2.5-4 kHz wide. If a sub-band
becomes crowded, move the radio dial frequency up in 2 kHz
increments, as needed. (For example: 7,090, 7.092, 7.094, 7.096 and
7.098)
Note: These "recommended frequencies" will conflict with any traditional
RTTY Field Day activity

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-06-23 4:27 PM, K4NDN wrote:
The ARRL has not released any information on a frequency change for field
day. One would think that since we begin setup in about 14 hours that no
frequency change will be recommended.
But who knows?

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Joe WB9SBD <nss@...> wrote:

Not necessarily,

The ARRL suggested different FT freqs in the past because of the
terrible confusion that happens when NON FD people try to work you. so
contesting was often placed somewhere else so not to have csual non
contesting users cause that mess.

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 6/23/2022 2:43 PM, K4NDN wrote:
Those frequencies which we use during any other event, it is not a F/H
event.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 3:26 PM Dick- K9OM via groups.io <RLVZ=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Wondering what FT4 & FT8 frequencies are likely to be the hot spots
during
this weekends Field Day?

73, Dick- K9OM

--