locked Re: NTP Delayed Startup Sync when computer is turned on #Timesync

Bruce - K5WBM

I see something similar sometimes. I go to start, meinberg and restart the ntp service. It works fine after that.

Also, make sure you have iburst for each server in the ntp config file.

Bruce - K5WBM

On Jun 17, 2022, at 9:01 PM, Mark W2OR via groups.io <reston2010mm-orders@...> wrote:

´╗┐My NTP works great all of the time and the Offset (seen in Quick NTP Status) is always well below 5.00. Great. The one oddity is when the computer is turned on from a cold start in the mornings, where it takes NTP several minutes before it will start a sync. Some times it's only a three minute wait. Most of the time it takes six to ten minutes. When it does sync, the large Offset differential does not gradually change at all, but rather, all three service providers suddenly drop down to a very low, acceptable Offset number. Questions:

Does anyone else experience this?
Is there a permanent 'fix' for this, something that's easy to do for us non-computer junkies?
My quick fix each morning is to go to Services (Task Manager) and simply reset (Right Click) NTP, whereupon it syncs immediately and all's well.
--
// Mark
.. w2or ..