if the lost log entry has a date, I can find which txt file to search

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 1:28 AM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

On 2022-06-01 1:26 PM, Steve Miller wrote:

> Thoughts?

I would recommend an option to duplicate the behavior of one of the
derivative programs ... start a new ALL.TXT (ALL_YYYY-MM-DD.txt) file
at 00:00z on the first of each month.

Not only does that keep the size of each file generally manageable with
Notebook (no special software), it makes finding a particular callsign
or time period much easier.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-06-01 1:26 PM, Steve Miller wrote:
Thank you all for the responses to my enhancement post.
After reading some of the responses, I can refine my request to these 3
options in regards to the ALL.TXT file.

1) Write all activity as it currently does today. Manually manage the
file for historical purposes.
2) Write only my calls 'send' and 'receive' activity to the file. File
size would never be an issue based on your own call activity.
3) Don't create or write to this file at all.

Thoughts?