locked Re: Windows 11 and WSJTX #FT8 #windows11

Frank Kelly

All,

Until recently, I have been unable to run WSJT-X 2.5.4 on a brand new Dell
XPS Windows 11 machine while my older Windows 10 PCs worked fine.
I was unable to get receiver audio into WSJT-X and by trial-and-error
discovered I had to disable the use of external audio processing on all the
USB sockets I was connecting to. If I plug my rig into another USB port,
that port needs external audio processing to be disabled too. This became
more important as I use a dock with its own additional USB controllers and
sockets. For this Windows 11 PC, each USB port needs its external audio
processing to be disabled for it to be usable with WSJT-X.

Maybe this helps other hams fighting audio problems in Windows 11.

Frank WB6CWN

On Sat, May 28, 2022 at 8:58 PM Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

What rig is this?

Quisk seems to having a few problems lately.

Mike W9MDB

On Friday, May 27, 2022, 06:11:26 PM CDT, Pierre FK8IH <
jb.gallauziaux@...> wrote:

Michael,
On Windows 11 with Quisk v.4.2.0 I just made a new attempt to upgrade to
2.5.4 and upgraded also the lihamlib-4.dll as you suggest.
CAT does not work with Quisk, I can very slowly change frequencies but it
fails to trigger Quisk to transmit.
I returned to v.2.4.0, which worked immidiately like a charm.
73 - Pierre - FK8IH