From: Steve Miller <k8sjm@...>
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Sent: Mon, May 30, 2022 2:50 pm
Subject: [WSJTX] #logging Possible Enhancement for the ALL.TXT file

Could WSJT-X be coded so that a new ALL.TXT file is created new when a threshold of number of records is exceeded? My current ALL.TXT file is too large for NotePad++ to open (870mb) so it is basically a throw away; I'll have to delete it and start a new file.

If the number of records threshold was implemented, at the start of WSJT-X - check if the ALL.TXT file exceeds the records threshold. If so, grab the last record in the file - get the date and time stamp of that last record and name change the current ALL.TXT to ALL_20220530_182530.TXT or similar. Then start a fresh ALL.TXT file again.

Just a thought.

Steve, K8SJM