locked Re: #Cat_RigControl #Yaesu #Cat_RigControl #Yaesu

David - M0EZP

Thanks for the script name, I'll have a look at that.
The FT990 CAT spec is different between ROM v1.2 and v1.3. For v1.2 CAT always sends 1492 bytes from the UPDATE command which takes about 3s to return. The story goes that a 3s delay was no good for contest work so v1.3 was released where the UPDATE command has a parameter and returns 1508, 32 or 16 bytes depending whether you want all the data or parts like just the VFO etc which would be back in milliseconds.
So the rig spec doesn't work for rigs on ROM v1.2 and I'm trying to hack my local rig files to fix it.
73 David