locked Re: Yaesu wont connect #hamlib #signalink

SteveO

Mike,

I agree. I’ve tried splitting a COM port and what happens is that WSJT-X is sending commands and the “other” application also sends commands. Sometimes at the same time, corrupting the data. To be honest, I don’t even know why the virtual serial port vendors even offer this solution to its customers.

For me the solution was to have a dedicated port to the radio from my application and have a dedicated port to WSJT-X (or SDR radio) using a virtual cable to connect. The application then sends one message at a time to the rig thus preventing contention/corruption in the serial messages.

Although even with this method, WSJT-X doesn’t like unsolicited message responses. So you still have to filter responses from the rig only providing WSJT-X “safe” command responses back to the WSJT-X serial interface.

“Safe” commands means only send responses to WSJT-X that would be for a CAT command that WSJT-X would send to the radio.

Flooding WSJT-X with unsolicited or unexpected messages will cause it to fail and stop working.

Just passing along my experiences from writing my own CAT control program for the FT-891/FT-991a radios.

Best regards,
Steve KC5NK

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2022 10:10 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Yaesu wont connect #hamlib #signalink

Using a rig with a split com port is a crap shoot.  Sometimes works...sometimes not.
There are solutions that work 100%.  
#1 You can use rigctld with WSJT-X and then use rigctlcom (a TS-2000 emulator) on a VSPE pair.  ACLog then connect to the TS-2000 emulator.#2 You can use FLRig with WSJT-X and the same rigctlcom program will talk to FLRig and ACLog connects to the TS-2000 emulator.
Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 05:27:31 PM CDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote:

Yes, a Navigator creates a com port and VSPE provides a split
On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 3:22 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Does he have ACLog connected to the rig too somehow?
Maybe trying to use a splitter?
Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 04:16:41 PM CDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote: 

Now that this problem is solved my friend has another one. After WSJT-X and ACLog are running for a bit, he gets another HamLib error:
HamLib error:Protocol error3256 :newcat.c(10025):newcat_get_vfo_mode returning(-8) And then dame as above with:
3255:newcat:c(1623):newcat_get_vfo returning(-8)

This repeats several times and then:
3254:rigrig_get_vfo: elapsed=164ms
and on with more of the same.
Any suggestions?

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

On Saturday, May 21, 2022, 02:11:28 PM MDT, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote: 

New hamlib for Windows installation directions
#1 Shut down WSJTX/JTDX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL matching the 32/64-bit version of WSJTX/JTDX -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
If you can do a "Save As" you can save it directly in \WSJT\WSJTX\bin and replace the libhamlib-4.dll that is there.
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll32/libhamlib-4.dll
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, May 21, 2022, 01:51:45 PM CDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote: 

On Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:46:39 PM MDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote: 

I have a friend with a Yaesu FTDX3000; Win10; latest WSJT-X; and Navigator interface. This combo worked fine for a long time, then he recently updated Windows and WSJT-X and then started getting the "HamLib error: Command rejected by the rig". Basically, HamLib won't control the rig CAT and WSJT-X doesn't recognize CAT so won't go into transmit, etc..

I suspect this may be similar to what others have been experiencing. I also suspect it's a problem between Windows 10 and HamLib.

Does anyone have a solution that we can try?

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

Join main@WSJTX.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.