locked Re: Yaesu wont connect #hamlib #signalink

Rod Greene <w7zrc@...>

Yes, a Navigator creates a com port and VSPE provides a split

On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 3:22 PM, Michael Black via groups.io <mdblack98@...> wrote:

Does he have ACLog connected to the rig too somehow?
Maybe trying to use a splitter?
Mike W9MDB

    On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, 04:16:41 PM CDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote:

  Now that this problem is solved my friend has another one. After WSJT-X and ACLog are running for a bit, he gets another HamLib error:
HamLib error:Protocol error3256 :newcat.c(10025):newcat_get_vfo_mode returning(-8) And then dame as above with:
3255:newcat:c(1623):newcat_get_vfo returning(-8)

This repeats several times and then:
3254:rigrig_get_vfo: elapsed=164ms
and on with more of the same.
Any suggestions?

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc

New hamlib for Windows installation directions
#1 Shut down WSJTX/JTDX
#2 Download either the 32-bit or 64-bit DLL matching the 32/64-bit version of WSJTX/JTDX -- hopefully your browser doesn't block it but may warn you multiple times.
If you can do a "Save As" you can save it directly in \WSJT\WSJTX\bin and replace the libhamlib-4.dll that is there.
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll32/libhamlib-4.dll
http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/dll64/libhamlib-4.dll
#3 If you don't save directly you need to open a file browser and move the file that way.
If you're not familiar with that here's a video on the file browser - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyVqCJrs9dk
Mike W9MDB

    On Saturday, May 21, 2022, 01:51:45 PM CDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote:

    On Saturday, May 21, 2022, 12:46:39 PM MDT, Rod Greene via groups.io <w7zrc@...> wrote:

I have a friend with a Yaesu FTDX3000; Win10; latest WSJT-X; and Navigator interface. This combo worked fine for a long time, then he recently updated Windows and WSJT-X and then started getting the "HamLib error: Command rejected by the rig". Basically, HamLib won't control the rig CAT and WSJT-X doesn't recognize CAT so won't go into transmit, etc..

I suspect this may be similar to what others have been experiencing. I also suspect it's a problem between Windows 10 and HamLib.

Does anyone have a solution that we can try?

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc