locked Re: Yaesu FT991A Won't Transmit in FT8 #Cat_RigControl #NewUser #TechnicalHelpQuestion #transmit #Yaesu

Dave Garber

it sounds like the audio TO the radio is either selected incorrectly, or is
blocked by OS..

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 9:38 AM Robert44 via groups.io <robert44henry=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Steve and Reino. When I press the 'Tune' button on the WSJTX software
the radio makes a clicking sound and the red transmit light glows but the
radio does not transmit with any power. I discovered another thing that is
weird about my FT-991A. When the radio in in 'Data-USB' mode, I cannot
change the transmitted power with the power button under the
function/memory button. I can only change the transmit power by using the
Menu #137 button. When using the normal USB mode, the radio works normal
and I can change power normally. Can someone who uses a FT-991A try to
change the transmit power in 'Data-USB' mode?

Reino, I am using a MacBook Pro computer. However, I am thinking about
getting a Windows computer. It seems to me more ham radio software is
written for Windows. Thanks guys!

Robert KI5TPC